Friday 12 June 2015

Carpe Diem indeed!

The expression takes on new meaning when your world goes topsy turvy. The last few months have been a journey for me. While some things have stayed the same, most things have changed. Change is good, and in this case, it was necessary.


I used to blog about my adventures, and I called it “Adventures in Mamaland”. The changes from the last few months have led me to a fresh start, and I thought I should extend that start to my blogging. Hence the new title, new blog. Carpe Diem.


My life now is one of a single mother of two beautiful and strong willed children. I thought it might be helpful, therapeutic even to write about my adventures as I transition and make major changes in my life. What changes? I have moved to a new home. I have learned the true meaning of the word independence. I am now solely responsible for the running of the household and the care of the wee ones. I have started to rediscover ME. (I had gotten a bit lost along the way) I have a new someone special in my life who showers me with kindness and makes me happy. All of these changes are still a work in progress. It has been an adventure in and of itself to get where I am today. An adventure that would not have been possible without the love and support of my friends and family.


While this likely all sounds very serious and solemn, for now let me tell you that I haven’t been this happy in a long time and I write all this with a Mona Lisa smile on my face. I haven’t felt this free or content in a decade. And a decade is a long time. It has been a rough road and it isn’t over, but it is worth it.


**The author reserves the right to embellish and humorize her stories at will. After all, that’s what writing’s for.

No comments:

Post a Comment